Hello everyone, I do hope you all enjoyed your day, I did, well most of it anyway. Our weather started out really nice. I got back from Curves, as usual I went out to play with my flowers and plants. I loosened the dirt, watered and tidied up their little pots. I then swept the deck and dusted the deck furniture (yes, I even dust out there) when the wind suddenly came up and the sky turned so very dark. I immediately put my cushions in the deck box and just in time as oh did we have a storm. At first it was just wind, thunder and lightening but then the hail came down, they were huge and bounced off my deck, and oh my poor flowers. As soon as the hail stopped the rain started and it absolutely poured down. Now as horrid as this storm was it only lasted for twenty minutes or so. I went out to check and every plant and flower were spread and lying flat, I was devastated. I tried to help them but to no avail. When I went out to light the BBQ, a couple of hours later, I couldn't believe my eyes. Now the sun had come out immediately after the storm, the deck and furniture were completely dry and my flowers were fine. Everything about them was as they were before almost. My deck was covered in petals and greenery and I am still amazed at how well everything survived. Thank you God for this blessing. I then had to sweep and dust all over again but I did so happily as my flowers looked and smelled fresh and wonderful. Our power went out just long enough for me to have to reset all the clocks, stove, microwave and anything else electrical but the rain was badly needed for the farmers and I know they could use more but the ground must of got a good soaking as it rained so hard for a short time and then lightly for a while longer. Let's pray it helped them some.
Now, for the best part of my day... I want to thank Eddie from Clouds and Silvery Linings for the Uplifting Blogger award he presented me today. If any of you love story telling poems I highly recommend you read all about the Ramsbottom's on his other blog Plato's Procrastinations, Thank you Eddie so very much. I am so blessed as I have received 2 more awards tonight,The Honest Scrap Award. It is presented for plesant, inspiring, full of facts and funny. Now, for me, it's not just the awards, it's the people who have passed them on to me that makes them so special. I have grown to know and love them as if we met and had coffee each day. Every morning I wake up I reach for my computer to read their comments and check to see if they have recently posted. So to Eileen of Umma's World and Wanda of Moments of Mine I thank you both from the bottom of my heart, I am so humbled by these awards today. It's wonderful to have you both and Eddie in my blogger's world which I enjoy so very much.
You all know me well enough so I will follow "most" of the rules and I will post 10 honest things about myself....this may be hard but here goes:
1) I am a night person...I enjoy the evenings as I find them so quiet, calm and peaceful. I love reflecting on my day and as a journal I blog about it.
2) I am addicted to almost all sports on TV. (I was so disappointed when the US Open was rained out today.) The only sports I don't like are boxing and wrestling.
3) When I go out I like to dress for the occasion and everything has to match (one day when a group of girlfriends and I went golfing I asked if anyone had a Kleenex and one of them said "I do, but it doesn't match your outfit" We still laugh about that.
4) My family calls me by my nickname, "Babe". I had this name long before it became over used as it is today. I am the youngest of six but we are like Irish Twins, just add 10 or 11 months on to the next one's age and you will know how old we all are.
5) I love storms, be it snow, rain, thunder/lightening. I have been known to sit in the car with a cup of coffee and watch the lightening. Okay so I'm a bit weird.
6) I am outgoing, love people and don't believe I have a shy bone in my body, I truly love meeting new people and my volunteer work gives me this opportunity.
7) I am an optimist, I have always been able to see the glass half full and can find something good in any situation. I have to admit I have to look very deep sometimes but the good always shows through.
8) I tell the truth, sometimes this gets me into trouble but if I didn't not only would my heart know but my face would show it. I have never been good at being dishonest.(nor do I want to be)
9) I sometimes get frustrated when I see people do the same thing over and over again expecting a different result. I pray each day on this one as I make mistakes like anyone else.
10) I do not like the "word verification" when I post comments on my favorite blogs. Sometimes it takes me longer to type those little letters than type my comment...could be I need reading glasses...ya think?
Have you noticed I have put my faults last....LOL
Okay now I have told you all my secrets I wish you all a Good Night, a wonderful Friday and as always God Bless......:-) Hugs