Thursday, May 28, 2009

So Happy

Terry and Bernie, BBF......Everyone needs a best friend like Terry, I am blessed


Ron stopped over for a minute to let us know how Jackie, his wife, my friend made out at hospital. Terry and I after putting up a hanging basket at my front door....She put it up, I held the stool, I was talking to her out of the side of my mouth......always talking, that's me!


We have been friends for over fifty years and she only looks 30........a beautiful spirit!



This is Ron, my neighbor who chased my coffee table over Hwy 2, so funny, but so kind of him to pick everything up for me.

Just a few pictures tonight, I have many more and will post a few at a time.

I had a wonderful day again today. I wished Terry could of visited longer but I really appreciate the time we spent together. After breakfast this morning we chatted over coffee then she left around 10 o'clock to meet her daughter Tanya for a visit and lunch. From there she drove home. She called me tonight to let me know she made it safe and sound.

I dressed and left for a few errands and to have my hair cut. As you can tell by the pictures I really needed a trim. Also from the pictures you can tell I need to loose weight so on my way home I stopped at Curves and signed up. I am determined to loose 15 pounds before I head to New Brunswick, July 15th.

When I got home I threw a load of clothes in the washer, put the dishwasher through, changed my clothes and headed out to the deck to continue what Terry and I had started, "flowers". I was out there for a couple of hours and am still not finished. The sun became to hot to work any longer so just another hour tomorrow and I will be finished.

I had to strip down inside my patio door as I was so dirty from soil and wet from hosing my plants. I headed straight for the bath and it felt so good to get the grime off. I then went back outside for a few minutes just to pick everything up and pack into a box until tomorrow. It is starting to look nice out there. As soon as I open my patio door I can smell the flowers in my hanging basket. Terry put the hanger up and it was a bit of a chore for two old ladies. It extended 12 inches and she had to stand on a wobbly stool to screw it in. Thank God for electric screwdrivers. She is so fussy, had to center it just right. She makes me laugh so hard, honestly I love flowers so much but I know so little about gardening. I am bound and determined that when she comes back in June that everything will be blooming and she will be shocked. Martha Stewart, I am NOT.

Terry brought me Larry King's biography for my birthday so I started reading it after supper. Actually I am surprised as it's quite interesting.

I have a doctor's appointment in the morning. I am too have a cortisone shot in my lower back, and he is going to try me on a new medication for my feet. I hate the thought of trying another medication but he is so good to me and always looking for something new for me to try to help me, I haven't the heart to tell him I don't want any more "try outs".

It is suppose to be the hottest day so far this year tomorrow so if it's too hot tomorrow afternoon I will have to wait until Sunday to finish my planting.......you see Saturday I get to celebrate my birthday all over again with more good friends of mine. Should be fun.

I was so busy today that when I sat down to eat my supper I realized I hadn't eaten since breakfast. I was really happy that we had brought home those doggy bags. I had a cup of plump blueberries for desert.

All in all another great day in the life of Bernie.....So many blessings and I am so thankful.

Good Night my friends and God Bless.......:-) Hugs








18 comments:

Marian Dean said...

Lovely to see your happy smiley face Bernie. I am so glad the visit went well, and you managed a good chin-wag as well as the jobs.
Friends are very precious, and you obviously appreciate Terry very much.

Love to you
Granny

Renna said...

Bernie, you really do not look 62. I can tell by your smiling face that you'd be a fun person to be with.

I'm shocked that your grass is green and the weather was hot, considering how recently you had snow. You Canadians have some strange weather up there. ;-Þ

Bernie said...

Oh yes Granny I do appreciate Terry, she is special, I appreciate all my friends.....have a wonderful day my friend...:-) Hugs

Bernie said...

Renna, thank you for your kind words, I think the "fat" helps keep away the wrinkles.
We do have strange weather for sure, one week a horrid snow storm and the following Thursday I was out enjoying the sun on my deck....No one understands it, not even us Canadians......:-) Hugs

Wanda..... said...

Good morning Bernie...Your smile matches your personality...warm, sincere, and lovely!...Terry or you niether one look your age...Your mixed petunia basket is beautiful...it matches you don't you think?...

Were you as surprised by Stillness's post as I was?...Such a nice thing to have done for us...

Blogging has led me to so many wonderful people I would have missed knowing otherwise...it overwhelms me with emotions of pleasure, gratitude, sympathy, laughter, and even saddness in some cases...I so appreciate it!

I can hardly wait to see photos of the deck and the results of your "not Martha Stewart" abilities...Just water and fertilize...and they will grow!

I'm headed over to help my DIL clean her house...she's having a "jewelry party" for people she works with...her boss is even coming!

Have a great weekend Bernie!
Smile and take care!

Eileen said...

Oh, what a happy post! And thanks for posting the pictures too, I love that! You look wonderful and so does your friend Terry!
It sounds like you both got a lot accomplished and it sounds like you did a lot on your own too. I love coming here and reading about your day.

I meant to ask you if you wear those special diabetic socks and shoes I've read about? I guess you need a prescription for them? I'm not sure, but the article I was reading said to ask your doctor about them so maybe he would know more.
Also I heard that Crocs are supposed to be very good for your circulation, but before you try anything I would run it by the doctor first.

'Glad you had such a nice birthday celebration and enjoy another one on Saturday!

Blessings each day said...

It was great to see all these pictures...you did a good job, but now you have me intrigued by Ron chasing your coffee table down the highway...is this a future Blog post?

Your flower baskets look so beautiful and the fragrance is such a reward, isn't it?

blessings,

marcy

Tranquility Speaks said...

Those hanging flower baskets look SO beautiful!! And so do your home interiors (the mirror above the place where your friend sits). It's so good to see you all bright and beaming. Stay that way forever :)

Diana said...

Good morning Bernie, I am so excited that you joined Curves! I've been going there for four years and I love it. I work out with my same lady friends every morning, if it were not for them I would have never worked out at all. I lost forty pounds the first eight months I was there. I work out at least four days a week or more. And I dropped my cholesterol by 23 points. I just so happy that you've done that for yourself! Oh and by the way, I absolutely love that mirror hanging over your sofa!

Bernie said...

Good morning Wanda, thank you my friend for your kind words. I will take more pictures of my deck. I so love my flowers...I planted gladiola bulbs, can I leave them in the earth year round? They looked so pretty on the box....LOL
Yes, it was very kind of Stillness to give us a shout out. I really enjoy her, it has been so nice blogging Wanda and meeting so many nice people, I agree.
Don't work to hard cleaning Wanda, though it is nice to help DIL out. Are you attending the jewellry party? Have a wonderful weekend my friend....:-) Hugs

Bernie said...

Eileen, I am so pleased that you come to visit.
Yes I do have the circulation socks for feet and legs, I didn't need a prescription but Dr. thoght I should wear them especially on long flights or long days, I also wear a sleeve on my left arm to discourage fluid retention due to lack of limp nodes. I am feeling so well today again, oh God is good.
I always get so many things accompolished when Terry visits as she is very active, always has been and she is a great motivator.
Have a great weekend my friend.
.......-:) Hugs

Barb said...

Hi Bernie,
Happy B-day to a beautiful Lady who doesn't look her age! I was wondering, Bernie, when you finish your deck plantings, maybe you could help me here in CO - I'd give you a bear bell! I hope you feet are feeling better. Glad that you are out and about.

Bernie said...

Morning Marcy, oh yes the flowers gives off such nice smells, my deck is beneath my bedroom and even this morning I can smell the flowers as my window is opened. I love it.
Ron and coffee table was a past post Marcy, you must of missed it. It was funny really, and I had a great laugh.
Have a great weekend my friend......:-) Hugs

Bernie said...

Thank you Stillness, the deck is looking better each day. The mirror was a gift from my late husband thirty years ago. He knew I liked it, and surprised me by bringing it home the next day.
Have a great weekend...:-) Hugs

Bernie said...

Diana, I too am looking forward to going to Curves, I just had to do something. Your words were very encouraging. As I told Stillness, the mirror was a gift from my husband. We had been out shopping and I looked at this mirror and really like it but didn't think we could afford it and he surprised me the next day when he brought it home. It is special to me.
Have a great day my friend...:-)Hugs

Bernie said...

Hi Barb, we have Bears here in Alberta but they usually stay closer to the mountains (Jasper/Banff) and I would be running so fast and making such a noise I don't think I'd need a Bear Bell, thank you for your kind words....Have a great weekend and enjoy your beautiful yard...:-) Hugs

Brenda said...

Happy, happy belated birthday! I hope that I am not too late. I have been traveling and had lots of catching up to do on blogs. I am so glad that you get another day of celebration today. Isn't it great when birthdays go on and on! Maybe you will have yet another surprise. Hope so!

Bernie said...

Thank you Brenda, good wishes are never late. Enjoy your traveling my friend....Have a great day.
....:-) Hugs