Friday, May 29, 2009

Not Quite As Expected

Hello my friends, another busy day and most of it all good.

Our weather was quite nice, not real hot but sunny and warm. Just the kind of day to do the things I had to do.

After breakfast and getting ready for the day I headed out to my doctor's appointment. I didn't have a to wait long before seeing him and he prescribed my new medication, removed a mole and checked my sugars. He was pleased to learn I had joined Curves and I have to see him again in 10 days.

I then went shopping for a baby gift for a friend's new granddaughter. I wanted to mail it today but didn't manage to get it wrapped up or ready to post. Hopefully I will accompolish that on Monday.

I then went to lunch with Kathy and we chatted longer than usual as she knew my next appointment wasn't until 2 o'clock. She had taken an extra hour off work to spend with me. Really nice of her but I was a bit concerned about her job. She said not to worry but I really didn't want her to do this. It's easier for me to go with her when she needs someone as I am retired. Some people are just really kind and considerate don't you think.

Anyway I made my way to the out patient department to have my cortisone shot. I had to wear one of those horrid hospital gowns and sit in a waiting room. I passed the time by chatting with another lady and her husband. When it was my turn, I was a bit apprehensive and rightfully so. I found the procedure uncomfortable, I wasn't expecting it to hurt as much as it did as I have had these shots before but today it bothered me more than other times. Anyway it all worked out right and I really looked forward to getting home and resting a bit.

I had a nice cup of green tea as soon as I got home, even before changing into my day clothes. I was able to plant a few more of my plants, only a few to go now. I watered the ones I planted yesterday and I think they look quite nice. I have more pictures to show you all but I haven't downloaded them yet and my camera is downstairs.

I sat down to watch the news and dozed off for an hour. I must of been tired. When I woke up it was lightly raining so I hurried out to put my deck cushions away before they got wet, and while I was out there the rain stopped. Alberta has really weird weather.

I watched another oldie but goodie movie tonight, Roadhouse with Patrick Swayzee. He looked so strong and healthy in it that it's sad to think how sick he is now.

Am off to read my favorite blogs, tonight I wanted to go to sleep early as I am really looking forward to seeing my friends tomorrow, but as usual I start tidying up and cleaning and didn't get upstairs until almost 11 o'clock. Oh well I will be just fine and I know tomorrow will be lots of fun.

Good Night everyone and God Bless........:-) Hugs

15 comments:

Wanda..... said...

Good morning Bernie...Sorry you had to deal with a painful shot...You said some people are so kind and considerate...well you are one of those people Bernie...that's why you have so many thoughtful caring friends...Did Teresa get in touch with you?...I haven't checked her blog this morning yet...

Your weather is like ours...sunny...then sudden drenching down pours which stop just as suddenly and out pops the sun...actually the sun came out before the rain stopped falling!

Enjoy your get together with friends today...mine will be cut short...leaving early because my sister is coming over with her daughter from Colorado...will love to see them...

Take care Bernie.

Diana said...

Dear Bernie, I know how bad those shots can be,hopefully it will start working quickly for you. The first time I had them I was such a baby, my eyes teared up! But after that I got used to them in my hands. Now I need one in my knee and I just keep putting it off,CHICKEN!!!!!! And I forgot to tell you that curves really helps my arthritis. Hopefully it will do the same for you. Today is Katies big day so I won't be posting till Monday. Take care of yourself Bernie.Happy weekend.

Blessings each day said...

My sweet mother used to have to take cortisone shots for her arm and they really did help her, but she always dreaded the shot itself. Wish they could come up with something to make it gentler for you!
Glad your friend could stay with you longer and also that you had some people to talk to while you waited...that always eases the anticipation, doesn't it?
Can't wait to see your latest pictures!

blessings,

marcy

Eileen said...

Sorry you had to be so uncomfortable with the cortisone shot, but other than that it sounds like you had a really nice, really productive day! You cram a lot in each day! It amazes me!
Thanks for sharing! I'll be visiting again.

Tranquility Speaks said...

It felt nice to know that you are taking good care of yourself and aren't shying away from visits to the doctor, and the medication.

It was very kind of your friend to have taken time out for you.At times all that you want from someone is their time :-)

Green tea is amazing with many health benefits :-)

Take care :-)

nups said...

hi Bernie
this is my first visit on ur blog... loved the way u said how u turn lemons into lemonade :) simple but very potent indeed .... by the way , if i may ask, why r u taking cortisone shots... if u r a diabetic , the two dont get along very well...
i hope u wake up to a glorious day n the day goes better than u thought it would... :)

Bernie said...

Hi Wanda, I am so happy that your sister is visiting you, have a wonderful time, it's so precious especially where you live in different states.
No I haven't heard from Terri and I have to say I'm a bit worried, I was thinking of sending a quick e-mail to her daughter Tracey but don't want to overstep my boundaries. I will wait another couple of days. Hopefully we will hear from her before then. I am praying so hard for her as I know she suffers from depression.
Have a great weekend and hugs to your sister and niece.....:-) Hugs

Bernie said...

Hi Diana, yes the shot was horrid but my back doesn't feel too bad today, just where the needle went in)
I hope Katie really enjoys her day.
Now you go get that shot in your knee, it can really help you.
Have a great weekend my friend,
....:-) Hugs

Bernie said...

Hi Marcy, your poor mum (they are quite horrid really) but I did have a pretty good day anyway.
You are so kind with your comments Marcy and I always feel better after I read them. Have a wonderful weekend my friend.
....:-) Hugs

Bernie said...

Oh Eileen I sure hope you will be visiting me again, I'd miss your lovely comments. Thank you for caring and sharing. Have a great weekend.......:-) Hugs

Bernie said...

Good Morning Stillness, I am enjoying green tea, I think it was you who told me about it.
Thank you so much for caring, have a great weekend my friend.
.......:-) Hugs

Bernie said...

Hi Nups, thank you for visiting and please do come back again. I am going to pop over to your site as soon as possible. Have a great weekend....:-) Bernie

Blessings each day said...

Isn't it so crazy, but I missed you not commenting yesterday???

But you were here at least, so that feels better...guess you could just comment twice today (I am TOTALLY kidding) and it's okay if you don't comment every time (I promise not to weep uncontrollably...just controllably...sorry you have to a friend who is so crazy , but God made me so it's got to be good, right?

blessings,

marcy

Renna said...

I hope I never have to have one of those shots, as I am such a big baby when it comes to needles.

I remember seeing Roadhouse many years ago. I noticed it was on tv this week. I didn't watch it, but seeing it in the line-up made me also reflect on how vastly different Patrick Swayze is now. So very sad. :-(

Teresa said...

Hi Bernie,
Thankyou so much for caring, and wondering about how I am doing...I sincerely appreciate all your prayers, and concern. Thank you too Wanda! My internet was down for a few days, and I sure did miss everyone! Oh, Bernie, I am so sorry I missed your Birthday...Happy Belated Birthday, my dear friend!!! I am also, so glad that you joined Curves, I know you will really like it and it will help with your arthritis too. ((((HUGS))))T