Friday, June 19, 2009

Fabulous Friday

Hello my friends, I do hope you all enjoyed your day....I really had a fun, lazy one. Our weather was warm but cloudy with sprinkles of rain but that was okay as I spent the better part of the morning reading my favorite bloggers honesty's list. WOW, I learned so much about all of you. They brought a great many smiles (and sometimes even belly laughs) to my face. You all are wonderful and as I said to Rebecca I can feel a thread flowing through each of us bringing us together, bonding in bloggerland friendship as we share all things we have in common. Blogging can be time consuming but I love how it connects us to one another.

Now I did manage to make it to Curves.....I am still at 6 lbs. lost but I have lost another 2 inches from my waist which made me feel great. I only go 5 days a week so I use my glider on the weekends as I am at the point that I feel sluggish when I don't do any exercise. Boy, I can't believe how my opinion of exercising has done a 180.

I spent 45 minutes outside on my flowers, dead heading, pruning and freshening up the earth around them. I must get batteries the next time I am out as I do want to show all of you, I realize they are not as great as some of the pictures I've seen of other blogger's gardens but they are mine and I think they are beautiful. Also tonight we had the most beautiful sunset ever, the sky was filled with streaks of pinks, oranges and greys. I don't think even I could of messed up a picture as it was so breathtaking. Yeah, I sure could of used my camera today.

Most of my day was spent watching the US Open, it was on for hours and I had to pull myself away to go to Curves and work on my flowers. My favorite is Tiger Woods but he is not doing so well, I wouldn't mind if Phil Michelson won either...I have a soft spot for him as his wife has just been diagnosed with Breast Cancer....and there is always my favorite Canadian Golfer, Mike Weir. He always does so well the first couple of days when playing the Majors but he can't seem to get it together on the weekends. He did win the green jacket once though and made us all very proud. So you see I can't loose as I don't mind who wins, I just enjoy good golfing.

For those of you who are inclined I would like to ask you to put my ex-niece, Kathy on your prayer list. She was married to my nephew and we have always remained good friends and today she had both breast removed due to Cancer. They have caught it early but it had travelled from the left breast to the right. She is only young, and has two beautiful kids, well they are in University but that is still young to me. Her daughter is my god child. I love the family very much and only wish I lived closer so that I could lend a hand. I will see them in a few weeks when I go home.

My Internet and e-mail were down today for several hours this afternoon and early evening as they were doing some repairs in my area, it's funny how you take these things for granted then when they are down you realize how much you use them.

Am off to read my favorite blogs and comments...Good Night my friends, have a great weekend and as always.....God Bless...,:-) Hugs

18 comments:

June Saville said...

What a mixed day you had Bernie -
life is not always fair is it?
June in Oz

Bernie said...

Hi June, it was a good day really, I feel good about Kathy's chances of beating this disease, but I know she has a rough time ahead. Hope you are well my frind....Hugs

Tranquility Speaks said...

I quite agree with your thoughts on a common thread binding us together :)

You inspire me to work out, and I shall definitely pay the gym close by a visit today without any excuses :D

I'd suggest go in for rechargeable batteries. They are really worth the money and last very very long. I shall be waiting to see the flowers :)

I pray and hope Kathy recuperates soon enough and is healthy again. How is your friend Allen now?

theMuddledMarketPlace said...

strange....you talk of your day and your gardening and then talk of Going Home
Where is you "home" and what defines it?

Rebecca said...

You're pictures are always "just right" as far as I'm concerned. Get those batteries :) Which reminds me, my refrigerator light bulb went out and I need a new one! My husband is a golfer and enjoys watching the tournaments. We don't have cable so only watch weekends. I will be for Phil, probably. And as soon as I finish here, I will pray for Kathy. Muggy day here in IN. I could only walk 15 minutes this morning. I think I'll go walk the inside perimeter of WalMart store for the additional 15 when I go to get bulb :) Is that cheating?

Wanda..... said...

Good morning Bernie...Boy I expected to see chaos outside this morning from our overnight storm...but everything is fine...just a few small clusters of leaves from the trees here and there...I was so anxious I went straight out still in my pajamas...no one but the birds to see anyway.

Sorry to hear of your nephew's ex wife's medical ordeal...BTW Herhusband's results from his yearly checkup with the radioactive dye and all came back
fine.

I will be dead heading some and cutting back other flowers today...plus we have 9 ornamental grasses to plant...it was a half price sale...we are our own worst enemy sometimes...now we have to dig 9 holes!...but it's plants the deer leave alone.

Have a Satisfying Saturday and a Stunning Sunday Bernie!
Smile and take care!

Blessings each day said...

I think you take very nice pictures, Bernie, so please try to remember those batteries so we can have a treat and see your plants and veggies!

Sorry to hear about Kathy and will pray that all is healed now.

blessings and hugs,

marcy

Eileen said...

I will be praying for Kathy, for a full and quick recovery, and for peace within.

Your day sounds nice, and I have to say your diet and exercise routine is giving me some incentive. I haven't started my exercise routine yet (I used to be very good about getting on the mini trampoline and lifting 8 lb. weights), but I have started eating more fruits and vegetables instead for snacks, and I've been having a tomato sandwich for lunch each day!
I do feel better. Now on to the commitment to exercise again.

Have a great weekend!
All the best,
Eileen

Bernie said...

Good Morning Stillness, Thank you for your prayers. Working out has done wonders for me both physically and emotionally. I have used rechareable batteries Stillness but I didn't find they lasted very long. I still have them and a charger so I will re-charge batteries today as well.
Allan is still in hospital but is out of ICU. He will be a very long time in hospital but they do expect him to get better, thankfully. Have a good weekend my young friend......:-) Hugs

Bernie said...

Hello Ms. Muddle, Home is where I was born and brought up, New Brunswick. I now live in Alberta but plan to move back to NB when I am 65. Really home is here for now but I always refer to back East as home, and I am going there mid July for a couple of weeks. I have many friends and family there still as well a here in Alberta. I guess I am a true example of home is where the heart is. I had to chuckle at your comment but I understand your confusion. Have a great weekend.....:-) Hugs

I'm not sure I haven't confused you more...LOL

Bernie said...

Hi Rebecca, no walking perimeter of WalMart is not cheating at all, as long as you are moving, it works. I find 30 minutes goes by really fast.
Hope your husband enjoys the golf....it is Father's Day tomorrow. Thanks for your prayers for Kathy, Rebecca much appreciated
Have a great weekend....:-) Hugs

Anonymous said...

Good morning, Bernie. I will certainly put Kathy in my prayer journal and will pray for her. Thank you for a lovely post. I'm impressed with your progress regarding Curves. You keep it up, girl!! I'm your cheerleader ('cept I can't jump up and down much...)
Have a lovely weekend.
Smiles from Jackie

Bernie said...

Good Morning Wanda, I have been waiting to hear how Herhusband made out on his test, I didn't want to ask but knew you would share when you wanted too. So glad everything was okay this morning. You guys are really getting hit with storms eh! It is sunny now but they are calling for badly needed rain later.... I sat my alarm this morning, didn't want to miss golf and Wimbledon starts tomorrow...I am in sports heaven the next couple of weeks. Good thing too as I have several appointments first week of July before I head home for vacation.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend and hope Herhusband has a great Father's Day.....:-) Hugs

Bernie said...

Hi Marcy, thank you for your prayers, I spoke to home this morning and she is alert but in pain this am. I am anxious to be home to help her. I am hoping to post pictures within a couple of days, gotta drag myself away from the TV this weekend.
Have a great weekend my friend.
....:-) Hugs

Bernie said...

Hi Eileen, I find myself becoming a real advocate for exercise at the ripe old age of 62, strange eh
Thank you for your prayers my friend. I love a tomato sandwich and enjoy them especially when I get tomatoes right off the vine.
I know your weekend will be busy but am sure you will enjoy it with your family.....:-) Hugs

Bernie said...

Hi Jackie, thank you for putting Kathy in your prayer journal, and I can use all the cheerleading I can get. Yes, I am doing quite well as I have lost 5 inches and 6 lbs. since I have started. My goal is to loose 9 more lbs. I have been doing really well except my dinner out last week but will still have to do better to meet my goal. Have a great weekend my friend....:-) Hugs

Diana said...

Hi Bernie, I am late today as our computer had a mini meltdown last night. Don't ask, I don't know! But it's fine now and Katie is in one of her usual nasty moods, What fun.
It was so nice that you were able to work in your yard yesterday. It is still so horribly hot and humid here. Actually it sounded like you had a pretty relaxing day. I only had four workouts this week but thats better then none! I hope you continue to have a peaceful weekend.

Bernie said...

Hi Diana, 4 work outs is good, how are you feeling? Sorry Katie is having a bad day, being a teenager is not much fun and I know it is hard on parents as well. Time flies so fast that you won't even remember these hard days but I know that doesn't help you much now. Just love her through it and don't forget to love yourself as well. Have a wonderful Sunday my friend....:-) Hugs